Dam & Reservoir
GGG specializes in geotechnical and water resources engineering. The firm’s primary expertise, experience, and identity are in feasibility, conceptual and final design services for the evaluation, design, rehabilitation, and construction of raw water storage projects.
Specifically, GGG has successfully provided planning, design, and construction engineering services for over 5 dam projects since our company was established in 2007.
GGG provides comprehensive services in the following areas:
- Geologic and geotechnical assessment, investigations, and analyses to evaluate dam locations and foundation conditions; and develop material properties for foundations and embankments.
- Hydraulic and hydrologic design for spillways, outlet works, and terminal facilities.
- Structural design of spillway structures, intake structures, conduits, outlet works structures, and other appurtenant structures such as vaults and buildings.
- Preparation of Dam Safety Inspection Reports, Emergency Action Plans, StandardOperating Procedures, Operation and Maintenance Manuals, and floodplain modification studies.
- Dam Breach analysis to determine the potential hazard classification and the inundation area downstream of a dam.
- Planning and feasibility studies to identify water supply alternatives and water resource planning to develop Client water resources portfolio.
- Design and evaluation of earthen and concrete gravity dams.